Friday, May 09, 2008
Pretty quiet around these parts
2008 is shaping up to be one of the quietest road construction seasons Nashville has seen in years. The only significant projects going on right now, according to TDOT, are a bridge deck rehabilitation on the TN 155/Thompson Lane overpass over I-65 on the south side, some resurfacing on TN 155/White Bridge Road on the west side and TN 254/Old Hickory Blvd/Bell Road on the southeast side, a bridge replacement on US 70/Lebanon Rd over the Stones River in Hermitage, and soome pothole patching and guardrail repair in various locations. No real major projects going on right now in Metro Nashville/Davidson County! Murfreesboro, as always, has a few projects going on, and there's an interchange modification on I-40 in Mt. Juliet and some bridge painting along I-40 in Dickson. That's about it!
This year, it seems, most of TDOT's resources are focused on Smartfix40 in Knoxville, which is indeed a very important project. I guess if the economy were in better shape and gas tax revenues were higher, they would also be working on Phase II of the I-40/Briley Pkwy/White Bridge Road interchange rebuild and the widening of I-65 south of Franklin.
This year, it seems, most of TDOT's resources are focused on Smartfix40 in Knoxville, which is indeed a very important project. I guess if the economy were in better shape and gas tax revenues were higher, they would also be working on Phase II of the I-40/Briley Pkwy/White Bridge Road interchange rebuild and the widening of I-65 south of Franklin.