Monday, April 28, 2008
OK, time for more regular posts
Also, enough with the fake names!
I'm now married to a wonderful wonderful lady named Angie. She is the love of my life and we are extremely lucky to have one another.
We did sell her house back in February just in time for us to breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy our wedding, which occurred on March 22 at a wedding chapel in Old Hickory, TN. We spent a fabulous honeymoon aboard the Caribbean Princess cruise ship, which we picked up in Ft. Lauderdale and stopped at St. Maarten/Martin, St. Thomas, and Princess Cays (their private resort on the Bahamian island of Eleuthera).
Once I get electronic versions of our wedding photos, I'll post some. We should be getting our wedding albums fairly soon.
My mother, who lives in Murfreesboro, TN but works nearly 30 miles away in Franklin, TN, has finally found a new place to live in Franklin! She'll only be about 2 miles from work at the most, and she'll be very close to just about every store imaginable! She'll officially move there at the end of May.
My stepsister in NC had her baby in early March. I'm afraid to say that I can't remember the exact date. Everything was a blur in early March since our wedding was coming up. His name is Sully (short for his middle name of Sullivan) and he's very healthy! My br0ther-in-law's girlfriend had their child on January 11, a very large baby named Ty. He was over 9 pounds when he was born!
Speaking of my brother-in-law, Chad, he's in the hospital right now. He had this pimple on his leg that apparently was a Staph infection. It got worse and worse to the point where he had to have surgery on it this morning. Everything went well and he's staying tonight at the hospital. Angie is with him and his girlfriend, helping with the baby while he's away from home. It sounded like he's going to be ok when I talked to him earlier today. However, I'm sure he'll be out of work for a bit till he feels good enough to walk again.
Finally, I attended a road meet two weekends ago! Seth (my former roommate) and myself drove up to St. Louis, MO for this event. We left my house early on the morning of Saturday April 19 and made the 5 hour drive to STL just in time for the lunchtime meet, then we toured where they have closed down I-64/US 40 (a.k.a. "Forty" or "Farty") between just E of I-270 and I-170 for a complete reconstruction of the entire roadway. It closed on January 1, 2008 and is supposed to reopen on January 1, 2009. They have made some good progress thus far, but still have a ways to go.
Sometime in June, I will get together with fellow roadgeek H.B. from Kentucky in Knoxville, TN to scout out a tour for a potential road meet that we will hold there sometime in the fall. This Thursday, May 1, a portion of I-40 through Downtown Knoxville will be completely closed down for a complete reconstruction similar to what they're doing in STL. It'll take place along a much shorter stretch of highway, but it will be very complicated, so TDOT has scheduled this closure to last 14 months. Motorists will still be able to access Downtown Knoxville from I-40 or I-275, but they will not be able to move past downtown on the freeway. To travel E-W through the city, motorists will have to use the I-640 bypass. TDOT has widened all of the ramps leading to/from I-40 and I-640 along the detour to three lanes each to soften the blow.
I hope that gets everybody caught up! I'm gonna try as hard as I can to post at least once a week. Until then, go out there and find things on ROADS!
I'm now married to a wonderful wonderful lady named Angie. She is the love of my life and we are extremely lucky to have one another.
We did sell her house back in February just in time for us to breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy our wedding, which occurred on March 22 at a wedding chapel in Old Hickory, TN. We spent a fabulous honeymoon aboard the Caribbean Princess cruise ship, which we picked up in Ft. Lauderdale and stopped at St. Maarten/Martin, St. Thomas, and Princess Cays (their private resort on the Bahamian island of Eleuthera).
Once I get electronic versions of our wedding photos, I'll post some. We should be getting our wedding albums fairly soon.
My mother, who lives in Murfreesboro, TN but works nearly 30 miles away in Franklin, TN, has finally found a new place to live in Franklin! She'll only be about 2 miles from work at the most, and she'll be very close to just about every store imaginable! She'll officially move there at the end of May.
My stepsister in NC had her baby in early March. I'm afraid to say that I can't remember the exact date. Everything was a blur in early March since our wedding was coming up. His name is Sully (short for his middle name of Sullivan) and he's very healthy! My br0ther-in-law's girlfriend had their child on January 11, a very large baby named Ty. He was over 9 pounds when he was born!
Speaking of my brother-in-law, Chad, he's in the hospital right now. He had this pimple on his leg that apparently was a Staph infection. It got worse and worse to the point where he had to have surgery on it this morning. Everything went well and he's staying tonight at the hospital. Angie is with him and his girlfriend, helping with the baby while he's away from home. It sounded like he's going to be ok when I talked to him earlier today. However, I'm sure he'll be out of work for a bit till he feels good enough to walk again.
Finally, I attended a road meet two weekends ago! Seth (my former roommate) and myself drove up to St. Louis, MO for this event. We left my house early on the morning of Saturday April 19 and made the 5 hour drive to STL just in time for the lunchtime meet, then we toured where they have closed down I-64/US 40 (a.k.a. "Forty" or "Farty") between just E of I-270 and I-170 for a complete reconstruction of the entire roadway. It closed on January 1, 2008 and is supposed to reopen on January 1, 2009. They have made some good progress thus far, but still have a ways to go.
Sometime in June, I will get together with fellow roadgeek H.B. from Kentucky in Knoxville, TN to scout out a tour for a potential road meet that we will hold there sometime in the fall. This Thursday, May 1, a portion of I-40 through Downtown Knoxville will be completely closed down for a complete reconstruction similar to what they're doing in STL. It'll take place along a much shorter stretch of highway, but it will be very complicated, so TDOT has scheduled this closure to last 14 months. Motorists will still be able to access Downtown Knoxville from I-40 or I-275, but they will not be able to move past downtown on the freeway. To travel E-W through the city, motorists will have to use the I-640 bypass. TDOT has widened all of the ramps leading to/from I-40 and I-640 along the detour to three lanes each to soften the blow.
I hope that gets everybody caught up! I'm gonna try as hard as I can to post at least once a week. Until then, go out there and find things on ROADS!
Comments:
<< Home
Again, congrats on your marriage.
I look forward to reading more posts from you.
BTW, I spent part of my childhood in Knoxville and wouldn't mind coming back and seeing some of the old sites.
Please keep them Tennessee roadgeek blogs a-comin', dude. :)
Post a Comment
I look forward to reading more posts from you.
BTW, I spent part of my childhood in Knoxville and wouldn't mind coming back and seeing some of the old sites.
Please keep them Tennessee roadgeek blogs a-comin', dude. :)
<< Home
