Sunday, October 14, 2007
Has it really been this long since I last posted?
This is my life. Things are so hectic I'll completely forget about certain things, including this blog. It's been nearly one full calendar year since I've last posted! I'll give a quick rundown on things that have happened to me in the past year.
Back last December, my then-girlfriend "Amy" graduated from Belmont University with her BSN in Nursing. She got a new job at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in one of their many ICUs. In January, she and her two dogs moved in with me. It hasn't been an easy transition, but I enjoy the time we spend together. In May, I proposed marriage to her, and she accepted. Once I figure out how to put photos in my posts, I'll try to post a picture of the ring. The wedding will be March 22, 2008.
Right now, we are in the process of getting her old house in Nashville ready to put on the market. Her brother had been living in it, but he couldn't afford to pay her rent, and his girlfriend didn't want to live in that part of town, so he moved to Murfreesboro to be with her. She's preggers, btw, and they're due a few weeks before the wedding.
My stepsister in NC is also preggers. She's due only a couple of weeks before the wedding, but she has guaranteed me that she will not miss my wedding. I visited her last weekend. She and her husband bought a new house in a desirable older section of Greensboro, NC. It will be a great place to start a family.
Let's see..... Amy's parents moved from Columbia, SC to Henderson, NC when her mother accepted a management job at a hospital there. We visited them over the summer and had a good time. I finally feel like I'm growing closer to her family, and I hope they feel like I'm the right person for their daughter.
Shortly after that trip, Amy, her two friends "Tanya" and "Elizabeth", and myself took a weeklong vacation to my dad's condo in Ft. Myers, FL. We flew down there for the first time instead of drove, and it was very enjoyable. My dad and stepmother do keep a vehicle parked down there, and we all drove it to Key West. It was about a 4-5 hour one-way drive, although it probably only takes a couple of hours to get there by boat, but the drive across the keys is something everyone should experience, whether you're a roadgeek or not.
Just when I thought I was through with Florida for the year, my work transfers me down there for pretty much the entire month of August! This time it was Orlando. I worked mostly night shift, which was not easy, and I did work I'm not accustomed to doing, but I started to get the hang of it. Hotel rooms were very reasonable since it was the start of the off season for tourists. I managed to stay in a decent room for less than $50 a night! Since they weren't working on weekends, I would drive down to Ft. Myers to the condo and spend time with my dad's friends who live close by. All in all, it was one of the better transfers I had, and I wouldn't mind going back one day, but not any time soon.
Tonorrow, I am going on transfer again. This time to Memphis, but it will only be for the week. I will work tomorrow in Nashville, go home and pack, and hit 40 west.
I'll try to post more during the week since I'll have a lot of time to myself down there. Right now I have to go work at her old house a little bit.
Back last December, my then-girlfriend "Amy" graduated from Belmont University with her BSN in Nursing. She got a new job at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in one of their many ICUs. In January, she and her two dogs moved in with me. It hasn't been an easy transition, but I enjoy the time we spend together. In May, I proposed marriage to her, and she accepted. Once I figure out how to put photos in my posts, I'll try to post a picture of the ring. The wedding will be March 22, 2008.
Right now, we are in the process of getting her old house in Nashville ready to put on the market. Her brother had been living in it, but he couldn't afford to pay her rent, and his girlfriend didn't want to live in that part of town, so he moved to Murfreesboro to be with her. She's preggers, btw, and they're due a few weeks before the wedding.
My stepsister in NC is also preggers. She's due only a couple of weeks before the wedding, but she has guaranteed me that she will not miss my wedding. I visited her last weekend. She and her husband bought a new house in a desirable older section of Greensboro, NC. It will be a great place to start a family.
Let's see..... Amy's parents moved from Columbia, SC to Henderson, NC when her mother accepted a management job at a hospital there. We visited them over the summer and had a good time. I finally feel like I'm growing closer to her family, and I hope they feel like I'm the right person for their daughter.
Shortly after that trip, Amy, her two friends "Tanya" and "Elizabeth", and myself took a weeklong vacation to my dad's condo in Ft. Myers, FL. We flew down there for the first time instead of drove, and it was very enjoyable. My dad and stepmother do keep a vehicle parked down there, and we all drove it to Key West. It was about a 4-5 hour one-way drive, although it probably only takes a couple of hours to get there by boat, but the drive across the keys is something everyone should experience, whether you're a roadgeek or not.
Just when I thought I was through with Florida for the year, my work transfers me down there for pretty much the entire month of August! This time it was Orlando. I worked mostly night shift, which was not easy, and I did work I'm not accustomed to doing, but I started to get the hang of it. Hotel rooms were very reasonable since it was the start of the off season for tourists. I managed to stay in a decent room for less than $50 a night! Since they weren't working on weekends, I would drive down to Ft. Myers to the condo and spend time with my dad's friends who live close by. All in all, it was one of the better transfers I had, and I wouldn't mind going back one day, but not any time soon.
Tonorrow, I am going on transfer again. This time to Memphis, but it will only be for the week. I will work tomorrow in Nashville, go home and pack, and hit 40 west.
I'll try to post more during the week since I'll have a lot of time to myself down there. Right now I have to go work at her old house a little bit.